Monday, June 28, 2010

Poop Art

That's right... POOP ART! I will spare you the pictures, but I will not spare you the details.

I put Sage down for a nap this morning around 10:30 and at 11:00 she was still happily playing and talking to herself in the mirror in her crib. Apparently she was not as tired as I had thought, but she was still happy as a lark so I let her be. Then, around 11:30, I heard her start to whine a bit so I went up to check on her. To my dismay I found Sage sitting up in her crib surrounded by a pool of poop. I'm not exaggerating--it was on the wall, on her bumper, crib sheet, crib mattress cover, on the rungs of her crib and even on the crib skirt. The poor thing was also COVERED in poop. In her hair, ears, up her nose, in the crease of her neck, in every little fat crease up and down her arms and legs, and even in her belly button!!

I just froze, thinking of what to do first. I quickly grabbed her out of the crib, trying not to get it all over myself as well and put her in the little plastic tub in the middle of the bathroom floor. Then I started running the water in the bathtub. Meanwhile, I grabbed the container of wipes, stripped off her clothes, but left them alongside of her in the plastic tub. and started cleaning her off as much as I could with the wipes--starting with her hands so she didn't suck her thumb before it was too late... or was it already?! Luckily there was a liner in the bathroom trash so the mounds of dirty wipes and soaking diaper went straight in the trash and the somewhat still poopy baby went straight into the bathtub.

I washed her off the best I could with a washcloth, then had to promptly drain the contaminated bath water. Meanwhile I lathered her up really well with soap, but couldn't just run new bath water because she is scared of running water. (She wasn't a big fan of draining water either) So I had to quick run to our master bath and grab a glass to run water into out of the sink and pour over her head. We had to repeat this process a couple of times to make sure we got it all. Then I had to carry my screaming and kicking child into another, not poop-covered room to diaper her and put on a fresh onesie.

Once that whole process was over, she was actually quite happy with Mommy. Next I had to go back into her room to get the pack n' play from under her crib--thank goodness that wasn't covered as well! She helped me set it up in another bedroom and then went with me on the hunt for another blankie that she could sleep with. This was the part I was most concerned with, because for some reason, BOTH of the blankies she usually sleeps with were with her when the poop art began, so they were out of play. We found a little bunny downstairs, along with a tag blanket that would have to suffice.

I nursed her and laid her down in the pack n' play for try number two. At 12:28, she has successfully put herself asleep for her 10am nap and I am doing A LOT of laundry. :) :)

Moral of the story: NEVER AGAIN TRY PRUNES!

3 comments:

  1. No prunes - got it! That is so disgusting, and pretty hilarious. Happy laundering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy. Didn't know Sage was scared of running water! Thanks for the tip :) Just bought some prunes but think we'll wait on those...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness , such a funny story! You poor mamma!! Aubrey LOVES prunes and when i can't get her to eat anything else, I give her prunes to suck on. We haven't had any problems thank goodness! I just try and balance it with her eating binding foods too like apples, bananas and potatoes :) Now you can handle ANYTHING!

    I also love the crawling video!! That is so sweet!

    Sage is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete