Thursday, July 15, 2010

Catching up

It's been awhile since my last post because we are down one computer. Here a few pictures over the past month to get you caught up on our simple lives. :)
Sage still has totally sweet hair. This picture is over a month old, so it is a bit longer now, but Ross still insists on styling it into a faux hawk every chance he gets. Could she be any more like her dad? Seriously...I can take credit for her nose, eyelashes, and the smallest tint of red in her hair and that is about it!

We got a jogging stroller mid-June and I love it! Sage falls asleep just about every time that we go for a walk. It even has a speaker system that hooks up to our i-pod. Ross is too embarrassed to actually play music when we are out around the neighborhood, but Sage and I enjoy a little OAR or Stephen Kellogg. What we really need is a little "Eye of the Tiger" to get us moving in the morning. These days our walks are really early in the morning or at night--otherwise it's just too hot to be outside!

What? Not a picture of Sage? Can it really be? Yes! This picture made the blog because as most of you know, I am a pathetic cook. However, Lauren hooked us up with a couple of free-range chickens from a lady at work, so I thought I'd give it a try. I simply added chopped up lemons and fresh rosemary and garlic to the cavity (after taking out the innards) and coated the chicken in olive oil and butter. DELICIOUS!! I will admit that I had to call my mom for her to explain to me how to cook it "breast-up". No joke!


This picture doesn't really do the moment justice, but it's pretty cute nonetheless. Over the 4th of July, we stayed at my Mom and Warren's with Brad and Mollie. A few of my nieces and nephew stayed as well. Sage refused to go to bed one of the nights because she could hear the commotion in the other room known as story time. What you can't see here is her cousin, Caden, playing in the pack n' play at the foot of the bed. She wanted to be a part of the fun, so I took her over to the bedroom next door for a little slumber party. She acted like she had eaten a cup of sugar. It was hilarious to hear her squealing with laughter as she played with Caden. She wasn't tired at all. I made sure to take her out to witness the enormous bonfire before trying to put her down again.



After the swing sat in our garage for a month, Ross finally figured out a way to safely tie it up to the tree in our backyard. It is attached to chains that support over 200 lbs--talk about protective! Sage LOVES to swing!!

Most recently Sage and I have been trying to get over our sickness. I was treated for Strep a week ago and days later Sage came down with a fever. The poor thing had an ear infection in both ears and a sore throat. No wonder she wasn't sleeping very well! After a week of antibiotics (she loves the bubblegum flavor) we are feeling much better.
(And I can now rest knowing all of her toys have been sanitized :) )


One last note, after months of indecisiveness about what I wanted to do next school year, I have decided that my heart is really still in the classroom. I took a 3rd grade position with my old boss and instructional coach at another school in Ankeny. I am so excited to have my own group of students again and I'm looking forward to going back to work!

3 comments:

  1. Hold on Miss Zealous...I understand that you're excited about this job, and rightfully so, but READY to go back to work?!?! ;)

    And - I had to call Aunt Chris last year when I roasted my first chicken too...same question - "Which side is the breast?" I think we're pathetic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What method did you use to kill the chicken? If you're not careful they will bleed all over you when you pop the head off -- not pleasant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sage's hair makes me smile!! I love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete