Thursday, June 17, 2010

Thankful

It's been a somber start to my (Amber) summer to say the least, but it has given me a lot to be thankful for. During the first four days of break I attended two separate visitations and funerals with friends and coworkers. One of which celebrated the life of my friend's brother who lost his battle to ALS at the premature age of 44.

This past Monday I scheduled a full body check at a dermatology office (because my aunt succumbed to Melanoma at the age of 39 and I had noticed a mole on my leg beginning to change). The doctor took a skin biopsy of the area to send in for analysis and said it could be up to two weeks before I got the results.

Then early this morning Ross took me in to the emergency room because I was having severe pain in my lower right abdomen and I feared appendicitis. (Luckily my sister came over in the middle of the night to take care of Sage.)

Things could have turned out pretty bad, but God has answered our prayers and subsided our worries. The emergency room ended in some pain medication and magnesium citrate. The doctor couldn't totally rule out appendicitis, but told me to come back if I wasn't feeling better. Then, this afternoon, to our relief, the lab results came back showing the spot on my leg was benign.

It's been a short summer so far, but I feel that we have been blessed beyond means. We are are all healthy, for now, and have so much to be thankful for. Praise God for watching over us because you never know what tomorrow will bring.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Amber, thanks for telling us about what's up. It's so true that it's easy to go along in life not realizing how blessed we are with good health, on top of all of the family, friends and wealth God gives us. And though we don't usually enjoy it when the difficult times come to remind us of His provision for each of us, it is a necessary reminder and I'm glad you can give Him glory in it. I'm just so thankful to hear you're okay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no! you poor girl! hope your feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete