Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Double Trouble

We've been in the market for a more family-friendly vehicle for a couple of months now, but not all that seriously. However, that may have just changed...

During Thanksgiving my mom had a little "oops" and backed into our Taurus while parked at the bottom of their driveway. "There was a deer... and then the sun... and... and..." :)

Then today happened...

I (Amber...not that Ross ever writes on here anyway) was about two minutes onto 35S on my way home from work when I braked on the ice without ABS and tried to turn out of the slide. I ended up fish-tailing back and forth in the middle of the interstate a couple of times before I did a 540 and the van behind me slammed into the passenger side door. The collision propelled me back into the snowbank onto the shoulder, where I got stuck. I got thrown against my door, but not hurt other than some pain on my left side through my neck, back, and shoulder. Hopefully it's nothing major.

The other passengers were okay as well and thankfully Sage was safe at home with Sheila. Ross met me on the exit ramp and we were able to switch cars and drive the 1.5 hours that it took to get home in the horrible weather conditions. 80/35 closed soon after due to a much larger accident. We are so thankful that my accident wasn't any worse. God acts in miraculous ways!!

4 comments:

  1. Glad you are okay and that Sage wasn't with you! My goodness! I had a flashback to our conversation in the lounge today about winter driving. So, your first time in it this year wasn't the best...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you are okay!! How frightening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank GOD you're alright, and Sage was safe at home.
    I am loving the nissan murano and would recommend it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This kinda stuff doesn't happen in NC! Glad you're okay.

    ReplyDelete