Sunday, January 17, 2010

Back to Work

It actually happened. January 4th seemed so far away as I sat holding my new baby girl in the hospital mid-October. I knew that it would be hard to go back to work, but I always thought that I would be ready when the time came. I was wrong. It was one of the hardest things that I've had to do. People say that it makes me a better mother because I can make a difference with kids outside of my home as well, but that doesn't make it any easier to leave Sage five days a week.

What does make going back to work a little easier is the fact that my sister comes to our house in the morning and takes care of Sage. Most mornings I can leave a fresh bottle of milk and sneak in to tell Sage to have a good day and that I love her, then it's out the door. Sheila waits for Sage to wake up for the day, gets her dressed, fed, etc. and plays with her until I get back home around 4pm. I cherish the weekends more than ever and I am already counting down the days until summer...

1 comment:

  1. aw, you are such a good momma. Its so hard leaving them! You're lucky to have your sister!

    ReplyDelete