Sunday, October 11, 2009

Men Nest Too!

Call us crazy, but with four weeks to go until the arrival of our little one, Ross (with a little coaxing) started laying wood laminate flooring on our main level. When the project is finished, there will be laminate everywhere except for our drop-down family room, which is carpeted. He started Friday night by tearing out the carpet, pad, and tack strips. This is what it looked like when we went to bed that night.
On Saturday morning he started laying the floor.
And by Sunday night, the dining room, living room, and piano area were finished (minus the piece of shoe trim that lines the baseboards.) I felt almost helpless throughout the whole deal, but tried to help out as much as possible. I can't believe how much he got finished!!

Yes, there are still 16/38 boxes to be laid in the hallway, bathroom, and kitchen, but that's for another day. :)

3 comments:

  1. holy cow guys! this looks GREAT!

    At first I was all bummed when I started reading the post, because you said that you were going to need help doing it. But then I read the last line :)
    I'm sure we'll be doing our part to help soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks really great! very fancy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks super good! Good choice on the wood color - not too light, nor dark. I want to come over just so I can see it...we're busy tonight but are free the rest of the week I think! :)

    ReplyDelete