Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Connie's Creations

It's official...our unborn child is already spoiled by Grandma Connie. My mom has been on a marathon sewing spree over the last couple of weeks--trying to fit in all of these wonderful baby projects before taking off to Europe for the next three weeks. She has a few other commitments when she returns, so the way she figures it, she has only four weeks back in Iowa before Baby Mort arrives. :)

This first one is a sensory, or tag blanket. I explained to Ross that babies love to feel the different textures--to which he replied, "What? Soft and soft...?" Parenting is going to be so much fun! ;)

This pattern is actually called a "jug jacket". I'll let you figure it out. :)


She also made me a sling. It has a pocket on the front for a cellphone, along with a keyring. Farmer's market and Jordan Creek, here we come!


These are some diaper changing pads for the bassinet or wherever we happen to find a spot to change the little one. They are quite soft!


She also made a plethora of burp cloths and receiving blankets--great for swaddling. :)


I suppose it's also time for some more belly pictures. My clothes seem to be working overtime these days, but I can't complain. I continue to be amazed with how far my belly can project out from the rest of my body. My belly-button finally gave in this week and showed itself to the rest of the world. I can't help but to be reminded of the Pillsbury Doughboy on a daily basis. :)


I was just seeing if you were actually paying attention. If the string wasn't there, I may have confused many of you. That is about the height that many pregnant women around town seem to be carrying their babies. I, on the other hand, am carrying extremely low. Some say that means it's a boy and others say that means it's a girl. I guess we're just going to have to wait and see. Here's the real picture of us at 30 weeks. :)

And I have to leave you with one final laugh... :) :) It may be the last straight-on one I take--Crazy!

2 comments:

  1. How is it that only your belly grows! your hips and waist still look soo tiny!
    I'm getting excited to meet your little bundle :) I LOVE all the stuff your mom made... so cool!
    ps: i thought your belly button popped the day of rach's wedding?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh.my.goodness. Connie's stuff is SO cute and so is your belly! You totally had my fooled on the first picture. Hope you're hanging in there!

    ReplyDelete