Sunday, March 1, 2009

OOPS!

Since it's been a long winter in Iowa... to say the least, I have finally talked Ross into taking a road trip down to see Matt and Johnni in Alabama over spring break. This has been weeks in the making, so when he finally gave in, I was ecstatic! I started searching for cheap hotels along the way, primarily using Priceline.com. In past experiences, Ross did the bidding and got us great rates in KC. However, since this is my trip to plan, I thought I would try the bidding.

I was so excited when I finally got through--thinking I had gotten us a 3-star hotel room in St. Louis for $45.00 a night. When I clicked the final button of no return or cancellations, I was appalled at what I had done! I was staring at a hotel room for almost $700 per night with over $200 in taxes and fees. Total damage: $1513.91. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

I spent the next 20 minutes on the phone with the hotel and then a Priceline representative trying to explain that I put our CC security code in the price box. "Due to extenuating circumstances" she was able to cancel the reservation and refund our money... and then BANNED me from thier website. Can you do that?! :) :) Those 20 minutes were awful, and needless to say, it made me sick!

2 comments:

  1. wow, the price you'll pay to see good friends ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Have you heard of the time that I made the mistake on priceline of booking a flight to the WRONG AIRPORT?? I dragged Ross into that one with me.....and they would not cancel our flight. We ended up taking a bus the final 2 hours instead of flying it :(

    I haven't used Priceline since.....it really freaked me out how final it all was. REALLY glad they canceled the reservation for you guys!

    ReplyDelete