Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Sage's City

After we returned from Target this morning with a new set of watercolor paints, I noticed Sage taking a bit longer to get into the house from the garage. After a minute or two I peeked out to check on her. She was going through a pile of wood scraps next to our miter saw (leftover from the insane amount of Pinterest projects that I have completed lately). She informed me that she wanted to paint the little pieces of wood. So, for the next 45 minutes or so, Drew helped me organize the toys in the basement (another Pinterest project) and Sage painted. Every once in awhile she called me up to check on her progress. I suggested that she could build a house and I would glue it together for her.  Then I returned downstairs. A bit more time went by and when I was called up again, Sage was so excited to show me the "city" that she built, "a view from a plane". As she described every building and piece in detail, I was amazed at her creativity and ability to even picture a city from an aerial view, when she has never even been in an airplane. I told her that I would bring up some bits of scrapbook paper if she wanted to add that to her city as well and then I would glue it all together. (I helped with the cutting, tearing, and gluing, at this point).


So, there you have it--Sage's city, which she calls "Hello Kitty City". Starting in the back row (from left), she has an amusement park and zoo. Next to that is a hotel, "because they are really tall!". The heart of the city is next, with all of the tall buildings and "Daddy's work". The train station is in the far back right corner. There is a rooftop garden on top of the building and those are three tiny steps next to the building "so the people can get on the train". Yes, that is a train in the foreground, five cars in all. What an awesome imagination she has! It turns out that Sage can take a pile of scraps and turn it into a beautiful city! ...and that's how we've been spending our summer. :)

2 comments:

  1. She's a girl after Matt's heart...must have been our evening at the Railroad Club! ;) I love you Sage Elizabeth!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I request a post of all the Pinterest projects!!!

    ReplyDelete