Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Mrs. Mortenson, the Moose

During Author's Chair today, one of my students had the opportunity to share her published story to the class. In short, it was about her love of animals and if she was really good at school, her parents would let her get one more pet. She chose a moose and named it Mrs. Mortenson.

Here is an excerpt:

"It was Take-Your-Pet-to-School day, but we could only bring one pet, so I decided to bring my moose! The next day, when I got to school, I could barley fit Mrs. Mortenson through the door. But more kids came and decided to help get Mrs. Mortenson through the door! We had to push very hard to finally get it accomplished."

As if I wasn't already feeling HUGE!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Brad and I are laughing out loud. That is too funny. What I want to know is - how did you keep a straight face in class?

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg, that is the best! Although i doubt you are HUGE! Congrats by the way :)

    ReplyDelete