Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Unexpected Visitor

Today I had the best surprise ever... Johnni stopped by my classroom, totally unexpected!! I've never had a visitor in five years, so it was great to see her face peer around the corner. It's not that she had planned to come visit me, but I was a total idiot and told her the wrong garage code (which I blame on sleep-deprivation since she kept me up all night chatting). She didn't want to leave the door up, so she let herself out the front door, but then didn't know where to put the key. She tried to text me, to no avail. After a few more problem-solving tactics, she was able to track me down as to where I worked and voila--an unexpected visit.

It was actually kind of nice for my students to put a face to the name because they've heard a lot about Johnni and Joella, but also about Matt, during our last inquiry unit on heroes.

Sorry, Johnni!! I guess that's what good friends are for! :)

3 comments:

  1. So glad that Johnni got to pop in! How fun :) I'm not surprised that she was able to figure out how to find you, and how cool for the kids.
    But, Mrs. Amber, I visited you too! Remember my little lesson on the Eiffel Tower?

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha --- what a funny morning. surprised i found it with my lack of directional skills. like i said, i had to tell the students i was lost and ask them how to get back to the office. they said you can go anyway. there will be a sign that says, "office." OH, thanks, why didn't i think of that? ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh, yes!!! How could I have forgotten? Yes, Kate, you did a wonderful job of explaining the architecture behind the Eiffel Tower. That was at E. So now I've had a visitor at both of my buildings. :)

    ReplyDelete