Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Hero

My students and I have recently embarked on a four week journey of discovering "Heroes Across Time" in our literacy curriculum. Today we were discussing heroes such as Martin Luther King Jr., Abraham Lincoln, etc. and all of the qualities that are tied to such a prominent label. One of my students raised his hand and announced to the class that he thinks I am a hero. When prompted why (I needed a little lift) he said it's because I have the patience to deal with 28 students every day... smart boy!

Totally unrelated, but some food for thought:

I am obsessed with Wheel of Fortune. I'm not going to lie--I'm pretty good. Tonight I solved a puzzle without a single letter!! Ross was my witness. The category was movie title. The puzzle was first word:(3 letters) then (9 letters) then (4 letters). If you watched the episode on Tuesday, February 1st, then you may not play--and don't even think about ruining it for others. If you didn't watch, give me your best shot!

2 comments:

  1. I am impressed! I am terrible at WoF, which might be why I don't like watching it, but had to know the answer so I googled it. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not even going to try to solve the puzzle!

    BUT, I would love to borrow a fun jigsaw puzzle from you :)

    ReplyDelete